Friday, April 23, 2010

Dance as if no one is watching

The title quote for this particular post is a saying that has always been close to my heart.  The moments where no one was around and I danced my heart out were some of the most rewarding and inspiring moments of my life.  These moments are where I developed my passion for dancing and the desire to make dance a part of as many lives as I can.  No matter how many videos I post or how many inspirational quotes I find, nothing compares to fully giving oneself over to dancing in the moment.  Without experiencing that moment first hand, one can never have a full understanding.  Music, movement, and passion effect everyone.  For some passion is running, biking, singing, piano, etc.  Think of those moments...those moments where you are by yourself, playing that difficult song you have been working on and finally playing it perfectly, riding that hardest trail and finally making it to the end, singing from your heart and soul a song that you have written or personally connect with, running harder, faster, and farther then you ever have or running to get out of your head...to get away,  that is the kind of passion I'm looking for.  Those are the kind of students I want to attract and create at my studio.  As mentioned in earlier posts, no matter how hard I try to "be realistic" about my goals, I can't get away from dance, so I guess I'll just embrace it...

No comments:

Post a Comment